I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Monday, April 12, 2010

homemade popsicles and smoothies with a healthy twist

Getting ready for the heat!!!
I just made this yumminess that was super easy. Unlike your bought popsicles you can ensure there is real fruit in them. 
The recipe for strawberries & cream pops are at: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/07/kids-week-frozen-pudding-pops.html 
For less sugarery alternative : You can also just put yogurt in the popscicle containers and add chopped up fruit strawberries, pineapple chunks whatever, butters your biscuit and then I freeze it.  This version has less sugar and my children beg for more thinking its "real icecream".
  •  Recipes for Smoothies with a Healthy Twist - add 6 icecubes to the recipes below
-Hawaillan blend
In a blender mix 2.5 cups of vanilla yogurt, 1cp of strawberries, 1/2 cp of pineapple, 1tbspn of wheat germ and a hand full of spinach.  They will never taste the spinach or wheat germ.
- Just Peachy blend
2.5 cups of vanilla or strawberry yogurt, 1cp of strawberries, 1/2cp of peaches, 1 tbspn of wheat germ and a hand full of spinach.
-PB & J blend
2.5 cps of strawberry yogurt, 1 banana, 1cp of strawberries and 1/3cp of peanut butter and 1 tbspn of instant oatmeal drink.
-Elvis blend
2.5cps of vanilla yogurt, 1 banana, 2 tbspns of chocolate syrup, 1/3 cp of peanut butter and chocolate chips. Obviously this one has absolutely no healthy twist to it.
-Berryliscious
2.5cps of blueberry or strawberry yogurt, 4 strawberries, 1/3 cp of blueberries, 6 rasberries, 1 banana and 1 tblspn of instant oatmeal drink.

Enjoy! Experiment with different flavored yogurts

No comments:

Post a Comment