I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Tea Bar Bridal Shower

I had the joy of working on a friends bridal shower.  She is a low key kind of person so we needed to find a theme that worked for her.  So we decided to go with Natural colors: blue, green and brown with a runner that added a pop of color.  She loves tea but we didn't want to go with a tea party theme so we went with something much more modern a Tea Bar.  For decorations we used tree limbs, ivy, faux leaves and love birds made from scrapbooking paper.  We filled large vases with tall, sanded tree limbs and the base had rocks and spanish moss and ivy coming out of it.  The fun part was the Tea Bar. 
The Tea Bar was a hit!
We filled 4 "pitchers" with different flavored cold teas and made fun labels for each flavor.  The Teas were Pomegranate Lemon, Lemon Verbena, Rasberry Lemon and Lemon Mint.  

Our party favor was tea bags in fun Match packaging with twisted crepe paper bows.  For the labels we used the same graphics that were on the tables and the Teas. 

It was simple, modern, beautiful and most importantly inexpensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment