I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

experimenting with painting my own pottery at home



Christmas time brings out the desire for me to experiment and start new projects. Its probably not the best time of the year to do this since life is already busy with the holidays all on its own and then I add my projects to it.  But busyness hasn't stopped me yet so this time I ordered some pens and paints for ceramic baking.  I must admit I was a bit nervous when it came to baking it.  I was afraid the ceramic plates wouldn't hold up and they would bust.  So far no breaking!

The paint I used was Pebeo Porcelaine 150 Ceramic paint and markers.  Since this is my first time experimenting I don't know if there is cheaper or better quality paint for ceramics but this worked fine for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment