I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Everyone runs in her own way or his own way.....

I run with my HAPPY socks! After my 8k race.

I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure.
Eric Liddle - Chariots of Fire

So I don't totally relate to that quote because I am not a fast runner but either way I still LOVE this quote and this movie. The quote has been a foundational reminder in my life as a woman/mother.  As a mom I am required to wear many hats throughout my day: guide, coach, nurse, chef, maid, friend, counselor, driver, etc.... and the list goes on depending on the day and my kids needs.  I truly believe God made me for a purpose.  I believe He made me to glorify Him in EVERYthing I do, from removing pee sheets off the bed every morning (not fun), to cuddling with my little men, to sitting in a counseling session with a client, to looking in the eye and smiling at the girl selling strawberries at the red light.  I don't always act in this knowledge but regardless its, truth that I need to remind myself of daily. 

We can all fill this quote in:  I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me _______. And when I _______ I feel His pleasure.
If you are still trying to discover what it is I pray that you don't give up because He delights in giving you His pleasure.

Mine would be: I believe God made me a mom, but he also made me creative and compassionate.  And when I create or help someone whether its in my home or outside my home I feel His pleasure. 

"I would like to give you something more permanent, but I can only point the way. I have no formula for winning the race. Everyone runs in her own way, or his own way. And where does the power come from, to see the race to its end? From within. Jesus said, "Behold, the Kingdom of God is within you. If with all your hearts, you truly seek me, you shall ever surely find me." If you commit yourself to the love of Christ, then that is how you run a straight race."

Blessings as you run the race that they all look different and though as believers it ends at the same place the path for each of us is very different!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and wanted to tell you what an encourager you are as well. You need to add it to your list of how God made you! :) Keep speaking life into your little men. You are a great momma! Lisa

    ReplyDelete