I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Maternity Diaper Cupcake

I hope all of you mommies out there have learned to laugh at yourself. This is just a fact of life for us who have brought babies into this world.  For those of you who are clueless this is what your handed shortly after you give birth to your precious little one.  Your pretty much handed your baby and in the same breath your given this GINORMOUS diaper. Oh and by the way you only get 2 so use them wisely.  I don't care what you call it pad, sanitary napkin it's a diaper no matter how you look at it.  I personally hated them and I am sooooo glad to be past that wonderful postpartum time of my life.   

I have a co-worker at school whose signature gift is baby diaper cakes.  This time it was her turn for a shower and I wanted to give her one too.  So I came up with this a maternity diaper cupcake for her.

Since the diapers are so huge I used 10 taped each one individually and then wrapped tissue paper and scrap paper around them.  The top fluffly icing is crepe paper that has been twisted and glued.  And of course topped with a cherry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment