I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rainbow Pancake Cake

A birthday celebration in our home looks like this: the week before b-day cake, the birthday party cake, the day of the birthday cake, the class party birthday cake and before we know it we have b-day crumbs coming out of our ears.  So this year I tried to celebrate with not just birthday cake.  The morning of their birthday they got a special Rainbow Pancake breakfast!  Mornings are extremely busy for our family so I didn't try to be supermom I just took out a box of pancake mix and whipped it up. I set out 3 small bowls and in each of them I put some pancake mix and then I added the different colors.  Grapes are really expensive here so they asked for grapes for one of their b-day treats.  Pancake Cake and grapes!  FYI, don't stick a candle into hot pancakes it will wilt in about 5 seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment