I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Lemon Cheesecake BARS using cake mix/ Melamine dishes turned Cake Pedestal


I love lemon bars but I hate the eggy taste that comes with it.  So when I found this recipe that uses a cake mix and cream cheese I knew I had to try it. 

1 bowl + 1 dinner plate + 1 cup + 1 dessert plate = Easy Cake Pedestal 
I also made the cake pedestal that is in the picture above.  You can use sticky tack or clear packing tape to keep it from tumbling and there you have an easy and cute presentation.

 Recipe from Betty Crocker or here it is:
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® lemon or yellow cake mix
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). In large bowl, beat dry cake mix, butter and 1 of the eggs with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Press in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.


2 In medium bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup; refrigerate. Beat remaining 2 eggs into remaining cream cheese mixture on medium speed until blended. Spread over cake mixture.

3 Bake bars 23 to 28 minutes or until set. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Spread with reserved cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until firm. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.


I linked to these linky parties:
craftomaniac
more the merrier

8 comments:

  1. So springy and fresh! love it! i am visiting from fun with food fridat linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a total lemon nut, so I will have to try these! Thanks for linking up! Found you via Food with Friday Linkup!

    joslynkeathley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies. Jos I am with you on the lemon nuttiness:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Those look so good! I love lemon bars, I am going to have to try this out!

    Would love for you to join my linky party! http://www.inspiringcreationsblog.com/2011/04/friday-favorites-linky-party_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, These look so good! I added your recipe to my Saturday Stumbles post!

    ~Jamie @ scatteredthoughtsofasahm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Jamie! I will pop over and check it ou

    ReplyDelete