I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Picnic deliciousness: Caramalized Onions, Bacon, Brie, Ham Sandwich on Foccacia bread with Chipotle Sauce

Picnic Yumminess!  We were having a little picnic with another couple and I wanted to make some yummy sandwiches as a thank you because they watched our boys (all 3 of them) while we were having our garage sale.

The post below is my recipe for foccacia bread.  I divided my dough into two batches because I knew ahead they were for sandwiches and didn't want the bottom bread seasoned. 

You need:
cooked bacon strips
deli ham
1/2 cp chopped onions
1 tbspn brown Panela or brown sugar
3 tbspns Mayo or Ranch Salad dressing
Chipotle hot sauce (optional) or can of chipotle
Brie cheese

1. Cook bacon strips. 
2. I used the same grease from the bacon to sautee my onions until they were tender. Then pour Panela over it and let them caramelize
3. Put Chipotle Sauce on both sides of bread, brie and then add warm caramelized onions to slightly melt the brie and top with ham and bacon strips.

Chipotle Sauce:
3. In a small bowl mix mayo or ranch dressing and chipotle sauce.  I put about 2tspns of chipotle sauce in it.  If your using canned chipotle you will need to use your judgement on how spicey you want it. 

In my opinion foccacia bread calls for dipping it in something so I usually make enough Chipotle Sauce for dipping.  You can also use Chicken instead of Ham either one taste good!
Packaged for Picnic Cuteness!

No comments:

Post a Comment