I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

BLT Pasta Salad

My no fridge meal for dinner is this Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Pasta Salad.

For those of you wondering why I am making no fridge meals, we are out of a fridge for 2weeks.  Now I have an excuse to cook all the bacon in the package and hmmmm maybe eat it all or I mean put in foil to serve for breakfast. 

BLT Pasta Salad from Food.com
Ingredients
1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
1/4 cup lemon juice concentrate
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons chicken flavor instant bouillon
1 (7 ounce) package rotini pasta or 1 (7 ounce) package other pastas, cooked and drained
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
4 cups lettuce, thinly sliced

1. Combine the first 4 ingredients.
2. Add in the rest. 

Serve cold unless you dont' have a fridge :).

7 comments:

  1. I love BLT's so this sounds perfect for the summer! Please come over and link up at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry where's your linky party?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say eat it all. Leftover bacon never even lasts long enough to make it back into the fridge here, if it has been cooked up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe,
    We did! Same at our house its probably why I don't cook it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try this one! Oh, and BTW, whenever I cook with bacon, I always cook a few extra pieces to snack on!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Pasta salads. Putting this on my list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy & Jen definitely a must try!

    ReplyDelete