I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finally made Panzanella

I had very little time to make this because my husband had to run out the door to direct the 6th grade play so I didn't have time to follow a recipe.  So I just did my own thing based on the 4 or 5 recipes I had looked at before.  In this post I share some of those recipes.

Ingredients
3 tbspns olive oil
1 small French bread cut into cubes (6 cups)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cps of cherry tomatoes halved
1 cucumber, unpeeled, sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into cubes
1 green/ yellow bell pepper
1/2 red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
20 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1/4 cp of carrots chopped
1/2 cp of Gouda cubed
black pepper to taste

vinaigrette

4 tbspns of olive oil
3 tbspns of balsamic vinegar
1 tbspn of garlic paste


1. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the bread and salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently until nicely browned. You may need to add more oil I couldn't quite get the bread to look nice and toasty like all the post on this recipe make it look.  Mix in a large bowl bread, cheese and all the vegetables.

2. Mix all the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and then pour over bread and veggies mix.  Add salt and pepper as needed.

Picture from Farmscape Gardens

14 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic. The Gouda sounds like it would be perfect for panzanella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was very surprised at how good it was but I really like bread and cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just looks and sounds like summer personified! I have never made it with gouda before and will have to give that a try for sure. Thanks so much for linking up to Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx vanessa for providing a venue

    ReplyDelete