I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Chocolate Ganache filled Cupcakes w/ Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting

What to do with left over Chocolate Cake mix?  Yes, you read correctly I love my cake mix boxes! Though I do make cake from scratch sometimes I prefer the easier road and doctoring up my cake mix box to my liking. 
The problem with having left over desserts in my house is that they are continously calling my name everytime I enter the kitchen or pass by the kitchen or upstairs in my room, or out in the patio.  Everywhere I hear "Mari, come and eat me".  So much temptation not enough will power. 

Well I did it anyways I made Chocolate Ganache filled Cupcakes with Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting. It's literally a mouth full!

Ingredients:
Chocolate Cake mix box or your favorite from scratch cake recipe
16oz container of sourcream
2 eggs
1/4 cp Canola Oil or melted butter

Peanut Butter Frosting:
1/4 cp Peanut Butter
4oz Cream Cheese
2cps Powdered Sugar

Ganache:
4oz Semi sweet Chocolate chopped
1/4cp of Heavy Cream or milk
3tbl Peanut butter

1. Mix all of the ingredients above for cupcakes. Follow the directions on box for cupcakes. Use cupcake liners or spray tin with cooking spray.
2. Mix all of the Frosting ingredients together and mix well.
3. In a small saucepan mix the Ganache ingredients. Start with milk first and let it almost reach a boil constantly stirring. Then remove from heat and add chocolate and PB.  Stir until it's a smooth consistency.  Let it sit. 
4. Make a hole in each cupcake and then pour in chocolate ganache into each hole.  For a fluffy frosting put frosting in a pastry bag and sqeeze onto cupcakes. 
Optional: Top with crushed reeces pb cups or 1/2 a pb cup.
Let cool in fridge for 15min.
Oh so yummy! 
Picture is from Baking is Hot

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Those look GREAT Mari!!!

    Aimee @ ItsOverflowing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking over the Improv Challenge since Sheryl has left blogging. If you are still interested in participating, please email me frugalantics (at) yahoo (dot) com. Hope to hear from you! Those cupcakes look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete