I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Nautical Pirate Room

I have 3 boys all in different stages of life.  We decided before we were married that our children would share rooms and thankfully having boys made that decision easy. The challenge has been how to decorate the room when so many different ages are involved.  So I decided to go with a Nautical look that they can grow into but with kiddie Pirate items added. Here are the items when I first got them and I was trying to figure out what to do with them and below is how I used them.  I really, really wish I could paint on our walls but the landlord had just painted before we moved in and I don't think she is ready for that request from us.

I made this coverlet so it's reversible with Jean fabric and the other side is the blue printed fabric. I used red/white striped fabric for the pillow and I painted on a ship on one pillow and swords on the other. How to for a graphics printed look on pillowcases here

our little guys ship/crib

Ahoy Matey! Boat/ Storage for stuffed Animals using an Action Packer.


I took the paddle and made it into a coat hanger.

Sharks are definitely needed at sea: clothes hampers

Book ends using the pirate figurines and gluing them to an old metal book end that I painted white.

The cross was made from a bamboo torch that we never use. I used red/white striped fabric for the flag and painted the cross on with Fabric paint and used an Action Packer.

4 comments:

  1. This is darling- what a great room!! Come share it at Feathered Nest Friday if you would like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is such a cute room! I bet your boys just love it. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, yes, they do love it! The other morning I opened the door of their room and had pirate swords pointing at me as they played in their own little world.

    ReplyDelete