I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Great Reads for Children

Great Reads for Children (any time of the year):
Reading to our kids is such a beautiful way to bond with them whether your a parent, grandparent, teacher, caregiver....

Children's booksThe List

One of my favorite Authors: Robert Munsch:
  • Love You Forever- Can't finish this story without crying.
  • Kiss Me, I'm Perfect  
  • Smelly Socks- My son loves this book b/c he relates.
  • We Share Everything
  • Make up Mess
  • Class Clown
Whoever You Are by Mem Fox

The Mitten by Jan Brett

The Donkeys First Christmas by S T Schroder
The Brambley Hedge Series by Jill Barklem

The Fern Hollow Series by John Patience

The Three Trees by Elena Pasquals

Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney

You are Special by Max Lucado

With you all the Way by Max Lucado My boys love this because it's about Knights.

The Christmas Sweater by Glen Beck Great story and illustrations

The Ox Cart Man by Donald Hall

What a Wonderful Life by George David Weiss We love to sing so we would sing this to our boys when they were little. It has the lyrics to the song in book form.

A Wish to be a Christmas Tree - Colleen Monroe

The Way I Feel by Janan Cain I love al the color in this book.

Peeping Beauty by Mary Jane Auch Great little story for girls.

The Christmas Giant - Steve Light

Percy the Park Keeper by Nick Butterworth

The Little House by Burton

The Pine Tree Parable- Liz Curtis Higgs
 
The Chronicles of Narnia Series

The Twelve Prayers of Christmas by Candy Chand

Mixed Up Chameleon by Eric Carle

Nicholas Cricket By Joyce Maxner

I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont Great illustrations and the counselor in me just likes this book.

Dream Snow- by Eric Carle

Anna Dewdney series on Llama Llama - Llamas run wild here so when we go camping we have been able to hang out with them!
  • Llama llama Misses Mama  
  • Llama Llama Red Pajamas
  • Llama Llama Holiday Drama
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever -by Barbara Robinson My FAVORITE book and movie

Room for a Little One: A Christmas Tale -by Martin Waddell

How Are You Peeling? Foods with Moods Great pictures

The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka Hilarious book

Snowball Fight!- Jimmy Fallon

Mooseltoe by Margie Palatini The boys love his moosteache

The Series of There was an Old Lady books by Lucille Colandro

The First Bear in Africa by Satomi Ichikawa

The Snow Tree - Caroline Repchuk

I Love You More Than Rainbows by Susan E Crites

The Butterfly by Patricia Polacco Portrays the Holocaust for children in an excellent way

Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen

All the Ways I Love You by Theresa Trinder

No comments:

Post a Comment